National Food Safety Month (NFSM) 2022 is fast approaching and this year ServSafe
is focused on promoting food safety at every level
. It’s never been more important to follow food safety best practices so your team can provide a high-quality, safe dining experience. Let’s explore what food safety at every level means for your restaurant and preview some NFSM 2022 topics.
Everyone Has a Role to Play in Keeping Customers Safe
When thinking about restaurant food safety, you might picture a line of busy prep cooks slicing produce or an apron-clad chef stirring a simmering pot. While we might initially associate food safety with kitchen workers, the truth is ensuring food safety goes way beyond the kitchen.
A safe restaurant environment can only be achieved when employees at every level know their role in promoting food safety. Over the course of the next five weeks, ServSafe will be releasing content, tools, and training covering key topic areas based on different restaurant roles. Together with your team, you’ll learn how to create and execute a culture of food safety with key insights brought to you by food service experts.
Here’s what you can expect each week:
Week 1 - Food Handlers
- When to Wash Your Hands – You already know how. Make sure you know how often.
- Preventing Cross-Contamination – The do's nd don’ts of food preparation, service, and storage.
Week 2 - Managers and Supervisors
- Managing Your Health Inspection – Manager’s guide to acing a health inspection.
- Risks of Cross-Contamination and What to Do About It – Understand why cross-contamination is such a risk
Week 3 - Multi-Unit Owners
- Managing Your Food Safety Processes – Creating food safety policies and procedures.
- Local Regulations – Understanding your area’s food safety regulations.
Week 4 - Executive Teams
- Creating a Culture of Food Safety – Protecting your customers, your business, and the restaurant industry by prioritizing food safety.
Week 5 – Bonus: Beyond the Basics
- Allergen Awareness – Learn about the Big Nine and how to safely serve customers with food allergies.
- Responsible Alcohol Service – Must-know responsible alcohol service practices.
Fresh Content Each Week
ServSafe will be releasing new blogs, eBooks, whitepapers, checklists, videos, and other exciting content throughout National Food Safety Month
, so make sure to check back regularly.