The restaurant industry has been hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic. Food service operations have turned to alternate ways of doing business through takeout and delivery, and now, many are cautiously beginning the process of reopening their dining rooms as states loosen stay-at-home restrictions.
While food safety has always been important to restaurants, it is more crucial than ever before that every restaurant professional understands and practices enhanced measures to keep guests and employees safe. Mitigating the risks of COVID-19 means implementing stepped-up procedures for cleaning and sanitizing, limiting opportunities for physical contact, developing plans to promote social distancing, and monitoring the physical health of employees. It’s overwhelming!
This blog collects all the information restaurant operators need to know in one central location. Content includes:
Industry Best Practices
- Video training courses on food safety precautions for takeout, delivery, and reopening
- Reopening guidance from the National Restaurant Association and the Food and Drug Administration
- Checklists and infographics highlighting steps for reopening
- Posters designed to reinforce key training messages for employees
- Tools for choosing appropriate disinfectants and monitoring employee health
The restaurant industry is committed to keeping guests and employees safe. These resources can help.